We are paying special attention to safety during Poetry Moon this year. We hope all attendees will read our guidelines regarding the coronavirus situation as well as our new safer space principles, which apply to all our events. We will pay special attention to hygiene and the amount of participants for live events will be limited. Almost all events will also be livestreamed.
Tiivistämö main stage (clubs) capacity 300, at Runokuu 50 visitors in two separate sectors
Tiivistämö Stage (outdoor stage, discussions) capacity 100, at Runokuu 25 visitors
Oodi Maijansali (discussions 19.8.) capacity 180, at Runokuu 25 visitors (updated 18.8.)
Guidelines for safe participation
- Do not attend if you are sick or have any symptoms. You can follow the livestream instead.
- If you attend, keep a safety distance of at least two meters from others.
- Even when queuing, keep the safety distance on mind. Avoid unnecessary touching of surfaces and shared items.
- Please use face mask indoors and outdoors if it’s possible for you.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, do it into a tissue or your sleeve. Throw the tissue in the trash after use. Then wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- In addition, cleaning has been intensified at all venues in Runokuu.
- Fewer people are taken to events in order to maintain safety distances.
- Almost all events are also streamed.
The clubs take place in Tiivistämö´s main stage, and discussions at Oodi´s Maijansali 19.8. and in other dates Tiivistämö´s Stage outdoors. If it rains heavily the events are held indoors in Lämpiö. In that case, we might have to cancel some reservations because of the smaller location. Runokuu staff will contact you personally in that case.
We recommend you to book a seat or buy a ticket in advance because the amount of allowed attendees is limited. When booking your tickets, you will be asked for your contact details, which will allow the authorities to quickly inform all attendees in the case of exposure to the virus within our premises. The information will be transmitted to the authorities as necessary and will not be used for any other purpose. Tickets can be purchased through links that will be added to each event page. For Finnish-language events, please see the Finnish event description to get tickets.
Safer space guidelines
During the events of Poetry Moon, we adhere to the following safer space principles. We try to ensure the implementation of these principles in the work we do, the layout of venues, and by keeping our staff, performers, and public informed.
- Respect. Every person has the right to be respected as they are. Please respect the physical and psychological integrity of other people, as well as their opinions and human dignity. Everyone has the right to leave any discussion or situation they deem uncomfortable. Also, do not take pictures of other people without asking first.
- Assumptions. Please don’t assume anyone’s gender, nationality, sexual orientation, culture, language, religion, values, health or capabilities. Please do not draw conclusions from anyone’s appearance, behaviour or their apparent socio-economic status.
- Communication. Help us create and keep up a friendly and safe atmosphere. Be open-minded, listen, and use respectful language. Please don’t assume anyone’s gender or other traits. Do not use stereotypative, resentive or degrading language. If, however, you accidentally insult or upset someone, please apologize.
- How to act if you feel threatened. If you notice inappropriate behaviour or feel threatened, do not hesitate to ask for help from the staff of Poetry Moon and our venues. If you feel like you have been harassed during one of our events and have not received help, please contact Anna Borgman, Programme Director of Poetry Moon: , tel. +358 (0)40 0 +358 44 207 4651.